It’s getting warmer and warmer by the day, and that means soon it will be time to cool down with some of CoMo’s best beverages. Here’s a list of five drinks you shouldn’t miss this summer.
1. Günter Hans — Homemade Sangria: Infused with fresh fruit, including oranges, lemons and limes, mixed with Chambord (a blackberry liqueur from France), it is a fresh summertime delight.
“I personally think the addition of Chambord and the fresh fruit is what does it for me,” owner Lydia Melton says.
2. 11Eleven — Arnold Pama: In-house iced tea mixed with vodka and pomegranate liqueur topped off with homemade lemonade is 11Eleven’s rendition of the famous iced tea and lemonade cocktail.
3. Broadway Brewery — Bloody Brew: Known for their craft beers, this Bloody Mary is standard fare but with a splash of the brewery’s American pale ale, which their hoppiest brew.
4. Bleu — Rosemary Lemonade: The restaurant’s homemade lemonade is spiced up with blueberry vodka, blueberry simple syrup, fresh rosemary (of course) and a splash of Riesling.
5. The Roof — Columbia Mule: Combine spiced pear liquor, Jim Beam, raspberry Chambord, house made sour mix and ginger beer, et voila! The Columbia Mule is an “easy-sipping, porch weather kind of cocktail,” Damien Cooke, head bartender for The Roof and 11Eleven, says.
What’s your go-to summertime drink? Share in the comments below.
(Photo on homepage: Courtesy of Flickr)