The Missouri Tigers open up conference play this weekend as they host the nationally ranked Oklahoma Sooners. All four major collegiate baseball polls rank the Sooners in the top 10. The Tigers have won seven of their last nine while the Sooners have dropped four of their last five. The last time Oklahoma visited Mizzou, OU took two of three from the Tigers.
Friday, March 25 at 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 26 at 2 p.m.
Sunday, March 27 at 1 p.m.
Location: Taylor Stadium, MU Campus
Radio: KTGR 100.5 FM/1580 AM
TV: Mizzou Sports Network (Sunday Only); Chris Gervino and Gene McArthor will call the game.
MU – Freshman Lefthander Rob Zastryzny (2-1, 3.38 ERA, 25 strikeouts)
OU – Senior Righthander Michael Rocha (5-0, 0.93 ERA, 27 strikeouts)
MU – Junior Righthander Matt Stites (1-1, 4.50 ERA, 23 strikeouts)
OU – Senior Righthander Bobby Shore (2-1, 5.79 ERA, 16 strikeouts)
MU – TBA
OU – Junior Righthander Burch Smith (2-2, 4.05 ERA, 24 strikeouts)
- Mizzou leads the Big 12 in stolen bases with 51. Sophomore outfielder Blake Brown is tied for third in the Big 12 with 10 swipes this year.
- Senior outfielder Jonah Schmidt leads the Tigers in numerous offensive categories, including runs batted in, slugging percentage and homeruns.
- Senior lefty Phil McCormick is on pace to appear in a school-record 38 games. He leads the Big 12 with 13 appearances this season.
Like Vox on Facebook
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories
- Tiffany on Flappy Bird reloaded: Less rage-quitting this time around?
- Charles Hoffman on 6 healthy living blogs you should be following
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired