- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Cue Pomp and Circumstance (or Alice Cooper’s School’s Out if you’re really looking for a celebration anthem): It’s graduation day. Today, both Stephens College and Columbia College are recognizing their scholars at commencement ceremonies for both undergraduate
and graduate students.
A total of 199 graduates are expected to participate at Stephens College’s two ceremonies. Of those, 171 are bachelor’s candidates, four are post-bachelor’s and 57 are master’s. All Columbia College graduates were invited to participate in the school’s graduation tradition, the Ivy Chain Ceremony. First held in 1900, students would plant a line of
ivy on campus and would pass down “rose notes” (sentimental messages given with a rose) to underclassmen friends. Now, graduates form a circle on Bass Commons with their shoulders draped in greenery. Congratulations, grads!
Tagged with: Graduation
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Vada Quaker on 5 Lessons to be learned from Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia
- Andy on José Jalapeños opens in Columbia
- Red_Joker on Justin Timberlake’s “Suit & Tie” is Rather Unremarkable