An old fan favorite makes its 3D debut this week, and gamers get ready to face their F.E.A.R.s.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Developer: Grezzo, Nintendo
Believed by many to be the greatest Legend of Zelda around, Ocarina of Time makes its debut on the 3DS. Ocarina of Time follows a young Link as he sets out to stop Ganandorf, the evil Gerudo king, from stealing the Triforce and taking over Hyrule. Along with a graphic upgrade, OoT 3D also features a mirrored version of Master Quest’s rearranged dungeons for die-hard fans. This is one classic remake you’ll want to stick in your pocket.
Developer: Day 1 Studios, Monolith Productions
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive
Genre: FPS, horror
Console(s): Xbox 360, PS3, PC
The F.E.A.R. team returns for the third installment of this paranormal horror game. Despite their best efforts to end the destructive Alma, who makes The Ring’s Samara look like an absolute sweetheart, her power is still very much alive and well. Survive the story’s campaign alone or take a shot at the buddy system with the game’s Co-Op. Just be sure to leave the lights on.
Developer: Double Fine Productions
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Genre: Tower defense, 3rd Person Shooter
Console(s): Xbox 360
Double Fine Productions, famous for Psychonauts and Brutal Legend, is about to give gamers a little history lesson. After the end of WWI, a “Broadcast” has spread across the world, exploding the heads of people everywhere. Trenched dumps players into the Mobile Trench Brigade, a surviving army force looking to restore peace and higher brain-function to the world. Trenched is an Xbox Live Arcade game that mixes tower-defense with a third-person shooter to create a unique experience, complete with the company’s notorious brand of humor.
- The Blue Note turns 33: Richard King and Peter McDevitt share their favorite shows
- Game On: Notable releases this week
- Game On: Notable video game releases for the week of 04/17
- Game on: Releases this week
- This Week in Geek: BioShock and the Doomsday Clock
- This Week in Geek: Releases, a sale, and software
Tagged with: video games
Like Vox on Facebook
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- Rikki-Lee Burley on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Vicki on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Jon Donnis on App Review: Ghost Radar: Legacy
- adam on Album review: The Used’s “Imaginary Enemy”
- Scene & Heard: Despite the noise, coffee shops are popular get-work-done destinations
- Scene & Heard: Derby Dames full of moxie at Jefferson City’s Sk8 Zone
- New Haven’s Pinckney Bend Distillery wins at San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Game of Thrones Recap: Season 4 Episode 2, “The Lion and The Rose”
- A virgin’s guide to “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” Wednesday at the Blue Note