Earlier today, London Ambulance Service paramedics found soul-jazz artist Amy Winehouse dead in her apartment. A cause of death has not yet been confirmed, but it is speculated to be a drug overdose. An autopsy will take place within the next 24 hours.
The 27-year-old Grammy winner had built a self-destructive image with publicized substance abuse and misbehavior following the release of her 2007 single “Rehab” in the U.S. Winehouse will join a talented group of troubled musicians, including Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain, in The 27 Club.
All tabloid criticism aside, the retro-inspired troublemaker was an amazing female artist whose soulful vocals will shuffle through my catalog this Saturday.
Like Vox on Facebook
- Amber Archer on Piper Kerman, author of “Orange is the New Black,” came to Mizzou, talked about prisons
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories
- Tiffany on Flappy Bird reloaded: Less rage-quitting this time around?
- Charles Hoffman on 6 healthy living blogs you should be following
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men