- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Earlier today, London Ambulance Service paramedics found soul-jazz artist Amy Winehouse dead in her apartment. A cause of death has not yet been confirmed, but it is speculated to be a drug overdose. An autopsy will take place within the next 24 hours.
The 27-year-old Grammy winner had built a self-destructive image with publicized substance abuse and misbehavior following the release of her 2007 single “Rehab” in the U.S. Winehouse will join a talented group of troubled musicians, including Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain, in The 27 Club.
All tabloid criticism aside, the retro-inspired troublemaker was an amazing female artist whose soulful vocals will shuffle through my catalog this Saturday.
Tagged with: Amy Winehouse
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Raleigh Driggins on Get the look: Duro Olowu for JCPenney
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia
- Jennifea Mielke on 5 fashion blogs/sites you should be reading
- toning lose weight belt on Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia seeds