Children across American will be sad soon. McDonald’s has decided to eliminate half of the deliciously greasy french fries from its classic American dish, the Happy Meal. That’s right. No more entire boxes of french fries for America’s youths (and grown adults who happen to like Happy Meal toys).
In recent years, McDonald’s has decreased its portions. A few years ago, a box of fries would have been filled to the brim with tasty artery cloggers. Go to McDonald’s today, and see for yourself: a major decrease in fries. This has all been part of its ongoing campaign to offer healthier options to its customers. Lately, concerned parents and members of local governments have put the pressure on Happy Meals.
Instead of a full serving of french fries, McDonalds will now offer a side dish in its Happy Meals. It might include apples, carrots, raisins, mandarin oranges or pineapple slices.
This, of course, doesn’t mean a particularly indulgent parent can’t order a side of fries to compensate (hint, hint).
Like Vox on Facebook
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- Rikki-Lee Burley on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Vicki on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Jon Donnis on App Review: Ghost Radar: Legacy
- adam on Album review: The Used’s “Imaginary Enemy”
- SKINUE product launch
- Piper Kerman, author of “Orange is the New Black,” came to Mizzou, talked about prisons
- Scene & Heard: Broadway Diner is a different place in the early morning hours
- Scandal Finale Recap: “The Price of Free and Fair Elections”
- The Roof atop The Broadway hotel brings new view to Columbia