If you’re bored this weekend, it will be your own fault…Columbia’s pulling out all the stops with a free Jason DeRülo concert on Rollins St., brutally honest comedian KT Tatara at the Vu, the longest-running musical The Fantasticks at Arrow Rock Lyceum Theatre and more! Check out the Vox calendar for a complete listing of upcoming events.
On another note:
Ever wonder where the umlaut came from in the hip-hop artist’s name? After all, DeRülo is from Miami, not Germany. According to an exclusive interview with Hollyoaks Music Show, the 21-year-old changed the spelling of his real name, Desrouleaux, to make it easier for people to pronounce. Pretty smart, if you ask me- we already know how Missourians like to give French names a Missouri twist, like the town of Versailles, Missouri (pronounced fur-SAILS) or Gamaliel (pronounced go-MAIL-ya). Would have liked to hear what people would have done with Desrouleaux– Da-Rolex?
Like Vox on Facebook
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories
- Tiffany on Flappy Bird reloaded: Less rage-quitting this time around?
- Charles Hoffman on 6 healthy living blogs you should be following
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired