If you’re bored this weekend, it will be your own fault…Columbia’s pulling out all the stops with a free Jason DeRülo concert on Rollins St., brutally honest comedian KT Tatara at the Vu, the longest-running musical The Fantasticks at Arrow Rock Lyceum Theatre and more! Check out the Vox calendar for a complete listing of upcoming events.
On another note:
Ever wonder where the umlaut came from in the hip-hop artist’s name? After all, DeRülo is from Miami, not Germany. According to an exclusive interview with Hollyoaks Music Show, the 21-year-old changed the spelling of his real name, Desrouleaux, to make it easier for people to pronounce. Pretty smart, if you ask me- we already know how Missourians like to give French names a Missouri twist, like the town of Versailles, Missouri (pronounced fur-SAILS) or Gamaliel (pronounced go-MAIL-ya). Would have liked to hear what people would have done with Desrouleaux– Da-Rolex?
Like Vox on Facebook
- Ashleigh Mirto on T/F Review: Summer of Giacomo
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- Rikki-Lee Burley on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Vicki on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Jon Donnis on App Review: Ghost Radar: Legacy
- Scene & Heard: Derby Dames full of moxie at Jefferson City’s Sk8 Zone
- New Haven’s Pinckney Bend Distillery wins at San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Game of Thrones Recap: Season 4 Episode 2, “The Lion and The Rose”
- A virgin’s guide to “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” Wednesday at the Blue Note
- Remembering Mickey Rooney with 5 iconic film roles