- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
We’ve all done it. Your library books, movie rentals and letters that you meant to drop off get buried under the rest of your life’s priorities. It’s one of those things that seems to get pushed down to the bottom of your to-do list and never seems urgent until you get hit with a fine.
Well, the Columbia Public Library wants to help community members rid themselves of this annoying problem. Instead of making a special trip across town to the library, the Columbia Public Library has installed four new drop-off boxes around town.
Three of the drop-off sites are located at banks in Columbia: Commerce Bank, First State Community Bank and Landmark Bank. The bank staff along with the library worked together to find the most convenient areas for drive-up and drop-off services while implementing the boxes without using taxpayers’ dollars.
The library staff evaluated 19 different popular locations to find the easiest and most convenient sites to install these drop-off boxes. Now, not everyone will have to cram into the parking lot at the library in order to return their books on time. The staff hopes this will help ease the congestion that tends to build up in the parking lot during busy hours.
The Columbia Public Library system now has eight book drop locations:
1. Columbia Public Library
100 West Broadway, Columbia
2. Landmark Bank
1000 Kennesaw Ridge
3. Landmark Bank
1904 East Broadway
4. First State Community Bank
300 Diego Dr.
5. Commerce Bank
2000 Bernadette Dr.
6. Callaway County Public Library
710 Court St., Fulton
7. Southern Boone County Public Library
117 E. Broadway, Ashland
8. Library-To-Go, Hallsville
Ketchum’s General Store
13101 Route B, Hallsville
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Vada Quaker on 5 Lessons to be learned from Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia
- Andy on José Jalapeños opens in Columbia
- Red_Joker on Justin Timberlake’s “Suit & Tie” is Rather Unremarkable