- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Ken Waldman has published six full-length poetry collections, a memoir, a children’s book and has released nine CDs, but that’s not all. This former professor has been on tour since 1995, fiddling through the 50 states.
Thursday will be Waldman’s first Columbia appearance. According to his website, he has wanted to come to Columbia for years and years. We are honored, Waldman. His performance is at the Columbia Public Library at 7 p.m. in the Friends Room.
Waldman, also known as Alaska’s Fiddling Poet, will be fiddling and telling stories. He combines old-time Appalachian style fiddling and stories from Alaska. If you enjoy traditional string-band music, poetry and stories about Alaska all wrapped into one, then this event is for you.
When: Thursday, Feb. 23
Where: Columbia Public Library
Call: (573) 443-3161
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Dos Cubanos Restaurant on Barbara Walters announces her retirement
- Sancho Sancho Photography on Barbara Walters announces her retirement
- rhondaf43 on 5 fashion blogs/sites you should be reading
- Robert Bennett on Duck Commander of Duck Dynasty tells us how to be Happy, Happy, Happy in new book
- Andy on José Jalapeños opens in Columbia