The last-minute dash to the drug store has become a cliché of Valentine’s Day gift giving, but the North Village Arts District is offering a one-stop-shop full of locally made goodies. Instead of a generic mass-produced gift, Orr Street Studio and Artlandish Gallery are featuring products made by their vendors. Artlandish will have live music by Keenan O’Brien, Missouri Weather and the Wait 5. Refreshments will also be served.
Keep an eye out for heart art from Chris McGee. Vox spotted images of his oil and acrylic paintings of hearts printed on cards during Artrageous and instantly added them to our V-Day shopping list.
Plus, to sweeten the deal, Artlandish will be giving away a handmade work of art every 30 minutes. To be eligible to win, bring a nonperishable canned food item to be donated to the food bank.
Finally, relax at PS: Gallery where Cherry Hill Massage will be offering chair massages and Purus Vodka will be pouring cocktails. Jewelry by Patty Lindbloom will also be featured; a lovely gift for yourself perhaps?
When: Friday, February 3rd, 6 p.m.- 9 p.m.
Where: North Village Arts District
Online: Facebook Event
Like Vox on Facebook
- Former Editor in Chief of Cosmopolitan’s four steps to a successful career
- Scandal Recap: We do not touch the first ladies
- Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer’s Night Dream” lit up Rhynsburger Theatre
- Unearthing the underground music community in Columbia
- Jennifer Lawrence’s most memorable Oscar moments of 2014