- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Sometimes getting through the day without a cup of coffee can be a struggle, but how many calories are you willing to risk consuming to put that extra pep in your step? Take a look at three of the best and three of the worst coffee drinks that you can grab at Starbucks:
- Coffee – You might be surprised, but any of Starbucks freshly brewed coffee packs a great energy boost with only about 5 calories in a grande. If the bitter taste isn’t your thing, just add some zero-calorie sweetener to sweeten up this low-cal drink.
- Caffe Latte – Starbucks describes this drink as a rich, full-bodied espresso in steamed milk, lightly topped with foam. A tall with nonfat milk is your best option, with only 100 calories.
- Skinny Peppermint Mocha – The combination of espresso, nonfat milk, sugar-free syrup and “Skinny Mocha Sauce” make this holiday favorite a great treat, with only 100 calories in a tall.
- Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha – Although this drink sounds scrumptious around the holiday season, steer clear unless you want to gulp down over 500 calories; a grande with 2% milk, topped with whipped cream packs 520 calories, which is only 20 calories less than a Big Mac from McDonald’s.
- Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino – (A personal favorite) Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate add up to a whopping 410 calories in a grande with whole milk and whipped cream. It’s creamy, cool and sweet, but maybe not 410-calories sweet.
- Caffe Mocha – Coffee and chocolate taste great together, but there has to be a lower-calorie way. A grande with 2% milk and whipped cream has 330 calories. You could eat three and a half pieces of cheese pizza from Pizza Hut for that many calories!
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV