The excitement of prom in high school was nothing close to the excitement of picking out the dress I was going to wear to the event. I spent hours searching for the perfect dress probably many more hours than I spent at the prom itself.
The Stephens College Fashion department has done the searching for Columbia high school girls. They’ve selected this season’s hottest, trendiest dresses and will showcase them in the upcoming fashion show [project] PROM.
The fashion show will feature prom dresses and accessories from local shops including Sassy Chic Boutique, The Gown House, DEB, Envy, Elly’s Couture, Maude Vintage and the Stephens College Costume Shop.
This event is also part of the 2012 Fashion Creative Express Project competition, which gave junior and senior high school students the opportunity to design their fantasy prom dress for the chance to win a $1,000 scholarship to Stephens, a VIP Prom Party and a gift certificate for a limo ride to their prom night. The winner of this competition will be announced at the fashion show.
If you’re already getting excited about prom and you have no idea what to wear, [project] PROM will give you some great ideas of how to win best dressed on your prom night.
Where: Warehouse Theatre, Stephens College, 100 Willis Ave.
When: Feb. 25 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Like Vox on Facebook
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories
- Tiffany on Flappy Bird reloaded: Less rage-quitting this time around?
- Charles Hoffman on 6 healthy living blogs you should be following
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- The tale of two trailers: “If I Stay” versus “The Fault in Our Stars”
- 5 stories for LGBT Pride Month from around the web
- The top 5 items to look for at the Dollar Tree
- Scene & Heard: When the weather turns warm, the frat boys come out to play
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Episode 3 Recap: “Breaker of Chains”