The American Association of University Women in partnership with the Columbia Public Library will host author Bambi Shen for a reading of her book The Uncrushable Rose.
Uncrushable Rose is the memoir of Shen’s life in Saigon as the child of a Chinese diplomat. Shen will speak about her experiences, as described in the book, trying to escape the confines of a steeply traditional Chinese culture and overcome the challenges she faced in a patriarchal society .
Shen is an author, teacher, public speaker and interpreter. She works to inspire women to become a memorable presence in the world and to support each others endeavors.
The reading is in celebration of Women’s History Month, and copies will be available for purchase and signing.
Where: Boone County Library, Friends Room
When: Tuesday, March 20, 7 p.m.
Like Vox on Facebook
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories
- Tiffany on Flappy Bird reloaded: Less rage-quitting this time around?
- Charles Hoffman on 6 healthy living blogs you should be following
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired