- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
The American Association of University Women in partnership with the Columbia Public Library will host author Bambi Shen for a reading of her book The Uncrushable Rose.
Uncrushable Rose is the memoir of Shen’s life in Saigon as the child of a Chinese diplomat. Shen will speak about her experiences, as described in the book, trying to escape the confines of a steeply traditional Chinese culture and overcome the challenges she faced in a patriarchal society .
Shen is an author, teacher, public speaker and interpreter. She works to inspire women to become a memorable presence in the world and to support each others endeavors.
The reading is in celebration of Women’s History Month, and copies will be available for purchase and signing.
Where: Boone County Library, Friends Room
When: Tuesday, March 20, 7 p.m.
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- wholesale nfl jerseys free shipping on Bonfyre: A Hot App That Shows Local Hotspots
- Fanny on True/False on YouTube
- Nutri green on Five ways to make your blog just like Cracked.com
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia