Bleu Restaurant & Wine Bar moved from its previous location at 29 S. Eighth St. to Boone Tavern’s old space at 811 E. Walnut St. a little more than a week ago.
In this short time, Bleu owner Travis Tucker has made sizeable progress toward the target reopening date of April 1.
The new location is larger than the former one, which means Bleu will be able to accommodate 250 people, including groups, instead of 94.
“Having more space is something we definitely wanted,” Tucker says. “We now have private banquet facilities as well as a courtyard.”
As for what will become of Boone Tavern, Tucker says that it will not completely go away but that the current owner is ready to retire.
Bleu will make some decorating changes, such as new carpet and different fixtures. However, the restaurant will retain the old walnut wood and stained glass.
“We want to maintain the charm of the Tavern space, but we’ll make it wholly Bleu with the ambiance,” he says. “It will be Bleu as people have known it with a new, more casual lounge.”
Like Vox on Facebook
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories
- Tiffany on Flappy Bird reloaded: Less rage-quitting this time around?
- Charles Hoffman on 6 healthy living blogs you should be following
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- The tale of two trailers: “If I Stay” versus “The Fault in Our Stars”
- 5 stories for LGBT Pride Month from around the web
- The top 5 items to look for at the Dollar Tree
- Scene & Heard: When the weather turns warm, the frat boys come out to play
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Episode 3 Recap: “Breaker of Chains”