- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
If the torrential downpours hitting Columbia recently have put a damper on your past couple of days, and your finding it hard to get motivated to start your week, you aren’t alone. Here are five things to motivate you, or just help occupy your time until the storm passes.
- Jump in puddles because the roads in Columbia create puddles with the perfect depth for making a splash.
- Go for an indoor run. If you’re feeling active on a rainy day, take advantage of the indoor track at Mizzou Rec. There will probably be fewer people there than there normally are.
- Go to the mall and read magazines or books for free. There’s just something about getting away from the rest of the world for a while, and reading new books and magazines without paying for them.
- Go to 9th Street Video and rent an old movie. Black and white movies to match the black and white scene outside. Pick up a pint of Ben and Jerry’s to make the movie that much better.
- Cook something new. Turn on The Food Network or look up some creative recipes on Pinterest. Play old-school “Shake Rattle and Roll” and make a mess in the kitchen, which will be a sure sign of a delicious meal.
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV