- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Nail polish can do a lot of things. It can evoke your mood, accentuate clothing and give you that tiny edge to make your overall look more polished (no pun intended). If you’re like me and you’re constantly searching for new nail polish, you can get lost in the sea of colors that are right at your finger tips. But, luckily I’ve done the nail work and have four suggestions to make the search easier and keep you on trend for the spring and summer. So, take my advice and you’ll be sure to nail it!
Any shade of blue. Blue is a really popular color this year. It’s probably because ever the fashionista Beyonce has been seen rocking several shades of it in honor of her daughter, Blue Ivy. Whether it’s pale, metallic or pastel you literally can’t go wrong with blue.
Speaking of PASTEL….Pastel nail colors are pretty major. Soft greens, pinks and purples are really hot right now. These colors can give your hands a soft natural feel and are perfect in professional settings when some brighter nail colors won’t do. You can grab any pastel color and transition from work to play and still be very much on trend.
Neutrals. Ladies, don’t forget about the neutrals. It’s easy when you’re looking at a display full of colors to forget about the good old standbys, but neutral colors are a girl’s best friend. Pinks, creams and soft whites are extremely versatile and practically never go out of style. Neutrals also have a tendency to be very feminine and chic. So if you’re going for that look, try a neutral on for size.
Last but not least the SPICY COLORS. Spicy colors are any shades you wear within the hue of red or orange. These colors instantly makes you feel like a diva and add a bit of spice to your look. Bright reds, and muted red- oranges are perfect for date night and weekends on the town. If you’re need a confidence boost or a jolt of pizazz, spicy colors may give you the kick you need.
Now, I can’t in good conscience give you this trend advice without giving you a few more tips to live by in the nail care realm.
1. Chipped nails =yucky. Listen, if you’re going to commit to wearing a color on your nails, you have to also commit to removing it when it starts to get chipped. All the benefits of finding the right color and meticulously applying it will be gone when people see you’ve let them go. Try to keep the nail looking fresh. If you can’t keep up the color, remove it until you can.
2. Don’t you dare spend more than $10 for nail polish. Forget what the magazines say, I know what’s best. Paying over $10 for nail polish is highway robbery. Instead, just invest in a nice top coat and use the money you would have spent on Chanel to buy more cheap colors. Trust me it all chips the same.
3. Please don’t match nails to the outfit. We can sometimes get enamored with pretty colors in an outfit and want to continue the obsession to our head bands, shoes, nails etc. But this is a no-no. Let your nails and outfits stand alone.
With all this advice, you should be able to find the right nail color that will keep you looking both stylish and well put together. You can thank me later.
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV