- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Al Green will be headlining this September’s Roots N Blues BBQ festival. Known for his sultry hits, “Let’s Stay Together” and “Love and Happiness,” Green is still hitting hearts at a fresh 66 years old.
The Roots N Blues BBQ festival, which will be celebrating its sixth year, will be held in downtown Columbia from Sept. 21-22. According to the festival’s website:
- Early bird tickets available until July 1 will be $40 for single-day adult admission and $60 for weekend passes
- After July 1, general admission will cost $55 and $75
If by happenstance, the sweet sounds of 70s soul get you riled up, here are the top 10 boy and girl names for 2012 (from a list released May 14 by the Social Security Administration).
Photo courtesy of theogeo on Flickr
- Roots ‘N’ Blues ‘N’ BBQ: Al Green
- Top 10 songs for singles to avoid on Valentine’s Day
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, The Head and the Heart announce Columbia shows
- William Elliott Whitmore brings alt-blues to Columbia
- David Wax Museum take their performance off stage
- Roots ‘N’ Blues ‘N’ BBQ: Eilen Jewell
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Raleigh Driggins on Get the look: Duro Olowu for JCPenney
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia
- Jennifea Mielke on 5 fashion blogs/sites you should be reading
- toning lose weight belt on Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia seeds