- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
The award-winning French film, The Kid With a Bike (Le Gamin au Velo), is now playing at Ragtag Cinema. As the Grand Jury Prize Winner at this years’ Cannes Film Festival and Golden Globe nominee for Best Foreign Language Film, the film lived up to the hype. The story follows young, troubled Cyril who is in search of his father and his bike. When he finds both, things do not turn out as he had hoped. His father abandons him and with his bike as his only possession and symbol of hope, Cyril continues to search for a father figure wherever he can find it. His emotions and erratic behavior fuel the story and his relationships with those around him, including the hairdresser who has taken him in. When Cyril risks losing the only true relationship in his life, he begins to see what he has been fighting for all along.
See The Kid With a Bike at Ragtag Cinema this week:
Sunday 5/20: 8:30 p.m.
Monday 5/21: 9:30 p.m.
Tuesday 5/22: 3:15 p.m.
Wednesday 5/23: 9:30
Thursday 5/24: 9:30 p.m.
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia
- Andy on José Jalapeños opens in Columbia
- Red_Joker on Justin Timberlake’s “Suit & Tie” is Rather Unremarkable
- Ed Goldyn on Duck Commander of Duck Dynasty tells us how to be Happy, Happy, Happy in new book