- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Missouri is usually known as the state that contains the famous Gateway to the West, a truck stop with its own TV show and the ability to produce plenty of methamphetamine to go around. Unfortunately, Missouri has recently identified an elevated level of heroin usage as another one of its glamorous traits.
But how does all of this affect Columbia?
Well, there have been two deaths related to heroin overdoses in Columbia in the past year, according to an article in the Missourian. Thankfully, a dozen more would be heroin overdosers have been saved by police and paramedic intervention since April of last year. Our neighboring city and state capital, Jefferson City, has had more than of its fair share of heroin overdoses and arrests as well. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services released a health advisory in February warning of significant increases in heroin consumption, especially in the 25 to 34-year-old age bracket.
If this problem continues, the Columbia Police Department wants to make sure it is not due to a lack of public education. An emergency town hall meeting will be held later this evening:
- Who: a panel of experts (police, judges, physicians) will discuss the effects of heroin use
- Where: Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services, 1005 W. Worley St.
- When: 6-8 p.m. Thursday
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Raleigh Driggins on Get the look: Duro Olowu for JCPenney
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia
- Jennifea Mielke on 5 fashion blogs/sites you should be reading
- toning lose weight belt on Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia seeds