Waffles aren’t just for breakfast anymore.
Sunflower Waffle Co., which has been in the works for about a year, began serving its signature chicken and waffles this past weekend at Mojo’s. The dish consists of fried chicken wrapped in a waffle, then topped with bacon gravy or maple syrup.
The restaurant will continue to operate out of the kitchen at the music venue but plans to move to a mobile food truck at the end of May. The truck will serve chicken and waffles, but its menu will also feature standard breakfast fair, waffle-covered sausage and dessert waffles, according to an article in the Columbia Tribune.
Like Vox on Facebook
- coemone on Book Review: The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories
- Tiffany on Flappy Bird reloaded: Less rage-quitting this time around?
- Charles Hoffman on 6 healthy living blogs you should be following
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired