Waffles aren’t just for breakfast anymore.
Sunflower Waffle Co., which has been in the works for about a year, began serving its signature chicken and waffles this past weekend at Mojo’s. The dish consists of fried chicken wrapped in a waffle, then topped with bacon gravy or maple syrup.
The restaurant will continue to operate out of the kitchen at the music venue but plans to move to a mobile food truck at the end of May. The truck will serve chicken and waffles, but its menu will also feature standard breakfast fair, waffle-covered sausage and dessert waffles, according to an article in the Columbia Tribune.
Like Vox on Facebook
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- Rikki-Lee Burley on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Vicki on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Jon Donnis on App Review: Ghost Radar: Legacy
- adam on Album review: The Used’s “Imaginary Enemy”
- Scene & Heard: Despite the noise, coffee shops are popular get-work-done destinations
- Scene & Heard: Derby Dames full of moxie at Jefferson City’s Sk8 Zone
- New Haven’s Pinckney Bend Distillery wins at San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Game of Thrones Recap: Season 4 Episode 2, “The Lion and The Rose”
- A virgin’s guide to “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” Wednesday at the Blue Note