- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Missouri is kind of a big deal. We created the “Missouri method” for journalism, we gave the world Walt Disney and we are also a bellwether state. Since 1904, we have correctly voted for the candidate that has won the presidential election, with the exception of 1956 (Dwight D. Eisenhower vs. Adlai Stevenson) and 2008 (Barack Obama vs. John McCain), and McCain only won by .1 percent.
This history has lead Missourians to think that this state will be crucial in the 2012 presidential election. According to a new poll released by Public Policy Polling, 42 percent of Missourians think Missouri will be a swing state. More republicans think so than democrats, and even fewer independents think so. But only 28 percent polled don’t think Missouri will be a swing state.
The poll also indicates a shift in views on same-sex marriage with 64 percent of those polled supporting the idea of same-sex couples being allowed to marry or form civil unions. That is significant difference from 2004 when the state voted overwhelmingly (70 percent) to ban same-sex marriage.
Do you think Missouri is going to get it right this November?
- The 2012 race for Lieutenant Governor gets crowded
- Limbaugh inducted into Hall of Famous Missourians
- An e-introduction to the 2012 presidential candidates
- Trending Topics: This Week in Tweets
- Medal of Honor recipient Salvatore Giunta to speak at Mizzou on Tuesday
- Some Show-Me citizens say show me higher cigarette tax
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- #NAME? on Six straight Super Regionals for MU softball
- jackpot 6000 slots on Josh Groban’s album All That Echoes signals an edgier sound to come
- jillian on Recipe: Indian curry rice
- Vada Quaker on 5 Lessons to be learned from Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?