- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
This years summer games are already more than half way over. There have been many fantastic displays of athletic ability by athletes worldwide. If you can’t remember them all, here’s a non exhaustive recap:
- The “Big Red Machine,” otherwise known as the People’s Republic of China, is currently leading all countries in overall medal count with 64; almost half of them are gold. The U.S. is in second place with 61 medals, half of which are gold.
- Serena Williams won the gold medal in the women’s singles championship by dismantling her Russian opponent, Maria Sharapova, in straight sets, 6-0 6-1. She celebrated the win with a little number called the Crip Walk.
- British sweetheart Jessica Ennis brought a track and field gold medal home to Great Britain for the first time in the nation’s history by winning the women’s Heptathalon. She capped off her victory by winning the 800m race.
- Four women’s badminton teams were caught sandbagging in group play last week and were disqualified. The teams, including the Chinese frontrunners, were intentionally losing matches in group play to get easier matches in the quarterfinals.
With only days remaining, will the U.S. catch China in medal count? Will the dream team fulfill its destiny? Consult Vox‘s viewer’s guide to find out when to find out.
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books coffee Columbia Community CoMo Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV