- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
It’s possible — and bear with me now — that you have heard something about Missouri making the move to the Southeastern Conference. The SEC, you see, is this big conference down South with all of these teams that are really good at football.
Indeed, the Big 12 is in the rearview. Instead of gearing up for the Border Showdown, Missouri fans are ready to travel to places like Little Rock, Ark., Knoxville, Tenn., and Gainesville, Fla., the land of Jorts pride. The Tigers open up at home against Southeastern Louisiana Sept. 1 and welcome their first SEC opponent the very next week when Georgia visits Sept. 8.
But you probably knew all that. The Tigers, though, aren’t the only sports show in town.
Consider catching the future of college football Sept. 21 when Hickman High School and Rock Bridge High School play at Faurot Field. It’s the last time you will be able to catch a truly all-Columbia showdown with Battle High School set to open in 2013.
If your definition of football has an international flavor, there is a nationally ranked soccer team plays just off of Rangeline Street. The Columbia College Cougars men’s team is No. 22 in the preseason NAIA coaches’ poll. The alumni game Friday at 6:30 p.m. might be fun to watch, but they host No. 10 Missouri Valley on Sept. 10 at 7 p.m. in a game that counts.
If Missouri is your only rooting interest, you still have choices. Tigers volleyball is already underway, but they open up SEC play Sept. 12 when they host Tennessee.
Check out the Vox fall preview issue Sept. 6 for more sports and recreation events.
- Game On, Gear Up! Your Apparel Guide to SEC games
- Columbia newcomer Andrew Ouart puts Tiger Town back on the table
- Tiger Tailgate takes MU gameday festivities across the SEC
- Event Preview: SEC outdoor track and field championships
- This week’s cover story: Chase Patton
- Monday blues? Here are this weekend’s activities
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- #NAME? on Six straight Super Regionals for MU softball
- jackpot 6000 slots on Josh Groban’s album All That Echoes signals an edgier sound to come
- jillian on Recipe: Indian curry rice
- Vada Quaker on 5 Lessons to be learned from Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?