- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
The Missouri football team isn’t alone in contending for a title this season. Truman the Tiger is officially a competitor in the Capital One’s Mascot Challenge.
Missouri fans can now vote for Truman at the Capital One Mascot Challenge website. As of now, Missouri’s favorite tiger is pitted against Rutgers’ Scarlet Knight and is winning 71.6 percent to 28.4 percent.
There are 16 other mascots in the competition, including fellow SEC tiger, Mike the Tiger from Louisiana State University; University of Oregon’s “The Duck;” University of Wisconsin’s Bucky the Badger and Arizona’s Wilma Wildcat.
Every week the “matchups” will change. Next week Truman will move on to face-off against Miami’s Sebastion the Ibis. Tigers eat ibises, right?*
*I don’t know and Google wouldn’t tell me.
Truman has never before been a competitor in the Capital One mascot title, which started in 2002.
You can follow Truman’s progress at the website or with the Twitter tag #CapitalOneTruman.
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books coffee Columbia Community CoMo Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Ashley Hughes on Custard’s last stand: Randy’s Frozen Custard
- Betty Crocker printable coupon on Josh Groban’s album All That Echoes signals an edgier sound to come
- Laura on Custard’s last stand: Randy’s Frozen Custard
- Марфа on Craft Happy: Embroidery hoop picture frames
- panasonic dmc-g2 on Comments policy