- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
For the Guys—The Panama Hat
Channel your inner Gatsby for this one. The Panama hat is the more sophisticated friend of the fedora (and by “more sophisticated,” think “less sketchy.” The bill still stands up, but at the front of the hat, it’s level and proportionate on both sides. This one’s in a sort of wool blend, but they come in all sorts: cowhide, suede, even herringbone. It’s a hat you’ll have forever, and one that’s lasted through decades of style transformation. (Panama hat, $28 at Absolute Vintage)
For the Gals—La Mer watch
The common watch style for women is somewhat faulty: huge faces, rhinestones, gawdy links. Sure, watches that fit those characteristics stand out, but not in the best way. The key to finding a standout watch is with its shape. That’s where the La Mer watch comes in. With a small face and thin strap, especially in black faux crocodile, the defining shape truly makes it pop. (La Mer watch, $68 at Swank)
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- jackpot 6000 slots on Josh Groban’s album All That Echoes signals an edgier sound to come
- jillian on Recipe: Indian curry rice
- Vada Quaker on 5 Lessons to be learned from Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia