- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Did you eat breakfast this morning? Did you know a good breakfast is crucial to academic success?
In recent years, more studies have shown that breakfast is key to good school performance. More often than not, children who eat breakfast regularly are more likely to be successful in school. Lynda Johnson, a MU Extension nutrition specialist said that well-nourished children learn better, have a greater ability to focus on tasks and have a better classroom behavior.
According to Askdrsears Website, the importance of breakfast includes the following aspects:
- Children who eat breakfast regularly tend to achieve higher scores, pay closer attention and able to handle more complicate academic problems than who don’t eat breakfast daily.
- Children who skip breakfast are likely to be sluggish and make lower grades.
- Children who eat a breakfast containing complex carbohydrates and proteins tend to show better learning ability and school performance. Breakfasts high in carbohydrates with little protein seem to sedate children rather than stimulate their brain to learn.
- Children who eat breakfast with high calcium tend to have better learning ability and classroom behavior.
- Breakfast sets the pattern for nutritious eating throughout the rest of the day. When children miss breakfast to save time or to cut calories, they set themselves up for erratic binging and possibly overeating the rest of the day.
According to The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans Committee’s study, a good breakfast everyday is also a contributor to healthy weight. Children who often skip breakfast have increasingly risk to become overweight.
In this light, how to persuade yourself or your children to build the habit of eating breakfast everyday? There are two circumstances that happen a lot when we want to skip breakfast.
- What if I am not hungry in the morning?
You need to tell yourself the importance of breakfast and start to build your morning appetite. For instance, you can make a breakfast plan for yourself. List your favorite breakfast items. By beginning with a small amount of food, you can add more to your breakfast list every week. Begin by drinking a glass of milk, then a week later, add a piece of toast or fruit, then a small bowl of cereal. Over time, you will condition your body to expect breakfast.
- What if I don’t have time to eat breakfast in the morning?
You can prepare breakfast to-go and you can eat on your way to work. For instance, fruit, sandwiches and pizza. You can prepare your convenient breakfast the night before so that you can make a fast and nutritious breakfast.
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV