- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
You know those things your grandma always told you that sounded so hokey? Like, stir soups in one direction but sauces in another. Or plant flowers at nighttime to ensure the best growth.
A lot of old wives’ tales aren’t true, but the Internet has taught me many things I can do to make my life easier. Even though these won’t fix my major dilemmas, like how to commit every Arrested Development joke to memory before the new season and movie come out, these tricks have made the day-to-day much more manageable.
1) Use a raw spaghetti noodle to light a deep-set candle wick. Note: I have not tried this one. Be safe with flames, duh.
2) If your soup or sauce is over salted, drop a half of a potato in it. The potato will absorb the salt from the sauce. Don’t eat the potato after. Gross.
3) Use a lint roller to clean out purses and tote bags. You know, the ones that are all crumby and filled with change and balls of lint.
4) You know when you try to microwave bread or muffins and they dry out? Put a cup of water in the microwave to keep the moisture.
5) Put your drinking to good use: Soda tabs can hang picture frames or even two hangers together.
6) Open your bananas from the bottom end. You don’t have to use a knife or bruise the top bit by twisting. Simply pinch the bottom blackened it and pull the peel apart.
7) Speaking of bananas, take them apart from the bunch when you get home from the store to make them last longer.
8 ) Use Alka-Seltzer to clean vases with crannies and toilet bowls.
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- wholesale nfl jerseys free shipping on Bonfyre: A Hot App That Shows Local Hotspots
- Fanny on True/False on YouTube
- Nutri green on Five ways to make your blog just like Cracked.com
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia