- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Twitter was alive with humor Wednesday evening during the presidential debate. Following a statement by Mitt Romney that he would likely cut funding to programs like PBS and Sesame Street, an Twitter account @FiredBigBird sprang up, posting pictures of Big Bird holding a cardboard “Will Work For Food” sign and generally looking down on his luck. @BIGBIRD tweeted: “Mitt Romney loves schools? What does he think Sesame Street is?”
By the end of the debate, both of those Twitter accounts had more than 12,000 followers.
Although it gained fewer than 7,000 followers during the debate, @SilentJimLehrer really captured the tone of the debate’s moderator — or lack thereof, as he was repeatedly unable to keep the candidates on topic or within their time restraints. Tweets from this account are entirely indecipherable mumblings. Which is roughly what we heard from “#PoorJim” (one of the night’s trending topics) throughout the debate.
- Some of the best election internet moments (so far): The Rumble, Big Bird and binders full of women
- Third Presidential Debate — Foreign Policy (LIVE!)
- Presidential Swag: Appearance Matters
- A sharing — or over-sharing — kind of feeling on Election Day
- An Introduction to the VP Candidates, Meme-Style
- Vice Presidential Debate – LIVE.
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Vada Quaker on 5 Lessons to be learned from Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia
- Andy on José Jalapeños opens in Columbia
- Red_Joker on Justin Timberlake’s “Suit & Tie” is Rather Unremarkable