- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Want to watch movies, but don’t have the time? Okay, this is sounding like a bad infomercial. But still, movies take hours to watch. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone summed up some of your favorite movies in a funny and slightly irreverent way? The makers of the “movies in five seconds” YouTube videos don’t exactly stay true to the five-second rule and the grainy video quality isn’t anything to write home about, but you won’t really mind.
Here are my top five videos:
1. The Lion King
The irony is both cruel and hilarious.
2. The Matrix
Keanu Reeves embraces the full range of emotion.
The Titanic proves that labels such as “unsinkable” don’t mean squat.
4. Lord of the Rings
A trilogy of three-hour movies condensed into three words and two sound effects. Impressive.
5. Harry Potter
Dumbledore wisdom and Harry Potter angst unite!
The Lion King video is my favorite, but maybe it’s because I have a sick sense of humor. Which one do you like best?
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books coffee Columbia Community CoMo Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- Jackson Martensen on R. Kelly released the next 10 chapters of “Trapped in the Closet.”
- Lucretia Vensel on BBC II is open for business
- Walter Heimlicher on Joplin: After The Storm Clears
- Philomena Lashute on DudeTrek walks across Missouri (as well as the whole U.S.)
- Kamilah Goodvin on 2013 Grammy’s Live Blog