- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
Greetings, fellow football fans! Check out my commentary on this week’s match up between the Chicago Bears and the Carolina Panthers. As a diehard Bears fan, I will of course be cheering for my team, and I hope they destroy the Panthers today. Bear down!
We’re here at the start of the game, and Jay Cutler looks so excited to be here, as always. Not. I can’t decide if he’s on drugs or if he just really doesn’t care about anything.
Hey NFL: the intro with robots playing football is getting kind of old.
Jay Cutler is the WORST. Ugh. Four sacks in less than two quarters?! Come on, now.
I’m not sure how I feel about the Bears’ blue jerseys with the orange letters. I’m a huge fan of the white ones.
This is NOT the Bears defense I know.
The camera cuts to Cam Newton’s face after the Bears take the lead in the 4th; he’s pouting like a little sad baby as the Bears celebrate behind him. So awesome.
Conte pushes a Carolina player to the ground a full three seconds after the play. What a bully!
Shane McClellan makes an AMAZING sack in the second! Yay rookies!
Two touchdowns in a row in the 4th quarter!!!
Plays That Made Me Cheer:
When Urlacher deflected a pass in the first quarter like a beast. I expect nothing less from my boys!
Matt Fortes’ rushing touchdown in the first! Woo hoo!
Jennings’ interception after Cam Newton throws the ball away! SO FREAKING SWEET!!
Not one, but two touchdowns in a row by the Bears in the fourth. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Robbie Gould. Clutch field goal in the final seconds of the game. BEST THING EVER.
Plays That Made Me Sad:
Every play that Cutler was sacked. And there were a lot of those.
The Carolina touchdown at the beginning of the second quarter. Like holy crap, Bears, you gotta recover those fumbles…
Brandon Marshall’s two missed catches in near the end of the second quarter made me want to punch my TV. Come on, dude, I need fantasy points from you!
#11 on Carolina got hit really hard in the helmet by Conte in the third quarter. Not cool, dude.
Hester really needed to catch that pass in the 3rd quarter…
Carolina’s nearly missed field goal. He was THIS CLOSE to missing!
- The Female Football Fan: Cowboys vs. Panthers 10/21/12
- Top five NFL team music videos
- The Female Football Fan: 10/8 Jets vs. Texans
- Five things to watch this weekend in the NFC Championship game: the Mizzou fan edition
- The Female Football Fan: Colts vs. Patriots 11/18/12
- The Female Football Fan: Steelers vs. Titans 10/11/12, 1st half
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- jackpot 6000 slots on Josh Groban’s album All That Echoes signals an edgier sound to come
- jillian on Recipe: Indian curry rice
- Vada Quaker on 5 Lessons to be learned from Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?
- William Riley-Land on ABC Chinese Cuisine opens next to Hong Kong Market in Columbia