- Responding to Roger Ebert’s reviews
- T/F Film Fest
- About Vox
New albums (released Oct. 16):
KISS – Monster
In hopes of recreating their 1976 classic, Destroyer, these aged cock rockers used vintage analogue equipment to record Monster, the band’s 20th studio album.
Jason Lytle – Dept. of Disappearance
The Grandaddy frontman has always embellished his spacy rock songs with electro subtleties. But on his latest solo album, Lytle goes almost entirely electronic. Pretty bleeps and bloops swirl around some of his most personal lyrics to date.
Dethklok – Metalocalypse: Dethklok Dethalbum III
The fictional headbangers from Cartoon Network’s Metalocalypse begin their third album with a song titled “I Ejaculate Fire.” Note: Do not take this music seriously.
- Ty Segall – The garage rocker announced a lengthy tour in support of his latest album, Twins.
- Purity Ring – The dream-pop duo will spend January of next year touring Europe and North America.
- The Gaslight Anthem announced that it will cover Bon Iver’s “Skinny Love” for a Record Store Day 7” single. It seems like an awkward attempt at cross-genre pollination, but we’ll wait for the track before making any judgments.
- Prince and Lady Gaga will contribute music to the upcoming film adaption of The Great Gatsby.
Vox pick of the week:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor – “Mladic”
We don’t have a playable link to this track because it’s 20 minutes long. But that’s standard fare for GYBE. The colossal track from the band’s new album slowly constructs itself: guitars creak and whine before they scream and ravage. Every sound, every note — once separate — eventually form one pummeling sonic collective.
Tagged with: this week in music
Like Vox on Facebook
- No public Twitter messages.
What we’re chatting aboutart books Columbia Community CoMo dessert Documentaries Documentary downtown downtown Columbia Fashion film Films food Harry Potter Missouri Mizzou movie movies MU music news playlist Ragtag Recipe Recipes restaurants review Shopping social media T/F T/F film fest T/F Film Festival television The Blue Note True/False True/False Film Fest True/False Film Festival True False True False Film Fest TV Twitter vox VVV VVVV
- #NAME? on Six straight Super Regionals for MU softball
- jackpot 6000 slots on Josh Groban’s album All That Echoes signals an edgier sound to come
- jillian on Recipe: Indian curry rice
- Vada Quaker on 5 Lessons to be learned from Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake
- Lesley on Ryan Ferguson has new website, girlfriend?