If you haven’t been following the revelation of the incident(s) as they have developed, or even if you have but are still curious, check out these links to see what the Internet has to say.
This post is intended for VoxTalk readers to gather information and follow the story from the beginning as it developed, including the response generated. Let us know in the comments what you think about this case and if we missed any major stories.
MU basketball player Dixon suspended indefinitely, posted Dec. 15, 2011 to Tiger Extra
How social media played a role:
Missouri’s Michael Dixon speaks out about suspension on Twitter, then deletes it, posted Nov. 24, 2012 to NBC Sports
English supports Dixon, who tweets, “I’ve done nothing wrong,” posted Nov. 24, 2012 to Stltoday.com
Note: This Columbia Missourian story from Nov. 27 discusses the woman who responded to Kim English on Twitter.
Police report says MU’s Dixon accused of rape but not charged, posted Nov. 27, 2012 to the Kansas City Star
No charges filed after Dixon accused of rape, posted Nov. 27, 2012 to Tiger Extra
Read police report here. Warning: this might be graphic for some.
Title IX gives universities greater latitude to punish students accused of sexual assault, posted Nov. 26, 2012 to the Columbia Missourian.
Alden, Haith respond to questions about Dixon, posted Nov. 30, 2012 to Tiger Extra
Alden too quiet on Dixon, posted Dec. 2, 2012 to Columbia Daily Tribune
Strauss: Mizzou’s silence wasn’t golden, posted Dec. 2, 2012 to Stltoday.com
Allegations stir rape debate, posted Dec. 2, 2012 to Columbia Daily Tribune
When will we stop pretending college athletes can’t be rapists?, posted Nov. 30, 2012 to Jezebel
Michael Dixon leaves No. 15 Missouri, posted Nov. 30, 2012 to USA Today
Missouri Tigers Guard Michael Dixon to Transfer Amidst Controversy, posted Dec. 3, 2012 to Rant Sports
Missouri Basketball: No Michael Dixon, no shot at SEC & March Madness Glory, posted Dec. 1, 2012 to the Bleacher Report
Like Vox on Facebook
- Ashleigh Mirto on T/F Review: Summer of Giacomo
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- Rikki-Lee Burley on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Vicki on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Jon Donnis on App Review: Ghost Radar: Legacy
- Scene & Heard: Derby Dames full of moxie at Jefferson City’s Sk8 Zone
- New Haven’s Pinckney Bend Distillery wins at San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Game of Thrones Recap: Season 4 Episode 2, “The Lion and The Rose”
- A virgin’s guide to “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” Wednesday at the Blue Note
- Remembering Mickey Rooney with 5 iconic film roles