Streetside Records will close permanently next month, according to an announcement by manager Nick Soha on the store’s Facebook page. The business cites leasing and real estate conflicts; however, Columbia Cemetery Association — which has leased the building for the past 12 years — says Streetside declined a lease extension (per the Columbia Daily Tribune).
The store has existed in Columbia for over 30 years. An “Everything Must Go” liquidation sale started today.
Like Vox on Facebook
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- Rikki-Lee Burley on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Vicki on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Jon Donnis on App Review: Ghost Radar: Legacy
- adam on Album review: The Used’s “Imaginary Enemy”
- Scene & Heard: Despite the noise, coffee shops are popular get-work-done destinations
- Scene & Heard: Derby Dames full of moxie at Jefferson City’s Sk8 Zone
- New Haven’s Pinckney Bend Distillery wins at San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Game of Thrones Recap: Season 4 Episode 2, “The Lion and The Rose”
- A virgin’s guide to “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” Wednesday at the Blue Note