I never thought I’d say it, but chia seeds are blowing up right now. Yes, the same chia seeds that make Chia Pets grow.
So what’s the craze all about? According to Pittsburgh Magazine, as compared ounce for ounce with turkey, this is how the seeds measure up:
Protein: Chia = 4 g. / Turkey = 5 g.
Fiber: Chia= 11 g. / Turkey = ZERO g.
Omega-3: Chia = 4915 mg. / Turkey – 7mg
Alright so the seeds are healthy, but how exactly do you serve them? Well, the biggest thing right now is chia seed pudding, but that requires work. Really, you can just grind the seeds up and put them in a juice or smoothie or sprinkle them on top of yogurt or food. They’re relatively tasteless. Let your food creativity shine.
Also, as a side note, people love any Instagram post featuring chia seeds.
Like Vox on Facebook
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- Rikki-Lee Burley on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Vicki on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Jon Donnis on App Review: Ghost Radar: Legacy