A previous version of this blog post incorrectly referred to the restaurant as Brooklyn Pizza. It is actually called Brooklyn Pizzeria and is not in any way affiliated with Brooklyn Pizza in Fulton, Mo.
If you’ve been on Cherry Street lately, you’ve probably noticed the new green awning announcing the new Brooklyn Pizzeria opening next to Harpo’s.
Owner Rush Kikhia says he hopes to open the restaurant on March 19.
Brooklyn Pizzeria will feature pizza by the slice, calzones, subs and pasta.
We know what you’re wondering — will this new pizza vendor add to the abundance of late-night eats in Columbia? You’re in luck. Brooklyn Pizzeria will be open until midnight on weekdays and until 2:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. If you constantly work up an appetite at Harpo’s, there is now a solution.
Kikhia previously owned Nikia, a Mediterranean restaurant in town. That may carry over into his new endeavor, as he is considering baking pastries such as baklava every now and then. He also plans to make an apple and cinnamon dessert pizza.
Do you plan on checking out Brooklyn Pizzeria? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- The Blue Note turns 33: Richard King and Peter McDevitt share their favorite shows
- Gunter Hans opens with a limited menu
- UPDATE: The Wine Cellar & Bistro has started a pantry list
- Editor’s choice: Happy hour picks
- Friday special: Glutinous rice roll and crisp cruller
- Bánh mì pizza is a Columbian-Vietnamese-Korean treat
Like Vox on Facebook
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- Rikki-Lee Burley on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Vicki on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Jon Donnis on App Review: Ghost Radar: Legacy