The newest addition to Artlandish Gallery’s network of art studios is Eco Chic Studio.
Run by Jennie Graham-Henderson, the studio offers eco-friendly art projects such as lightbulb terrariums and repurposed jewelry as well as guest workshops and open studio classes. Columbians can also rent the space for private events with the added perk of recyclable and biodegradable tableware; what’s better than enjoying yourself without feeling guilty about the cleanup?
The studio features a gallery area of home decor and accessories made from recycled materials and a workshop space. The studio is outfitted with repurposed and upcycled materials, including the shelves made from wood pallets, used tables, spray-painted folding chairs and juice bottle lighting.
Eco Chic Studio will have its grand opening at Artrageous Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. on April 19. Enjoy food, drinks, innovative art and music from local band Hennessy Brothers. Open Studio begins April 23 and the first group workshop, tie dye thigh-high stockings with Tie Dye Queen, is April 27.
Eco Chic Studio
- Where: 1013 East Walnut St, Suite 11 (In the basement of the Artlandish Gallery; other entrance in the back of the building by taking the alley between Orr St and 10th, next to the bus station.)
- What it offers: Art projects that utilize upcycled materials, art-themed summer camps for children, sewing workshops, eco-chic party rentals
- Price: Projects, $12-120, average: $15-40; Party rental: $50-$100 depending on day of week
- Open Studio Hours: Tuesday–Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Art About Town: Mike Seat exhibits photos of Italy at Ragtag Cinema
- Cutie and the Boxer star punches canvas for an audience
- The Art of Dating: Lithography, Mexican dinner and sidewalk yoga
- Slow Art Day at the Museum of Art & Archaeology
- The city is selling rain barrels at a discount
- Weekend finds from The District
Like Vox on Facebook
- consignment services on The Dapper Don of Alley A is a consignment store for men
- Rikki-Lee Burley on The top 10 movie quotes that need to be retired
- Rikki-Lee Burley on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Vicki on From small-town Pilot Grove, MO, to college-town Columbia, MO
- Jon Donnis on App Review: Ghost Radar: Legacy