So you’ve just read the smart, fun and illuminating content of Vox online, and you want to make a comment. We welcome and anticipate your remarks, but before you tell Vox how great we are, we need a few things from you. First, check out our full policy. You’ve got to register and all that jazz. Then, review the community guidelines, which are listed below. We want to build a community of discussion, education and good-natured quips, and in order to do that, we’ve got to have, let’s hear it, rules.
1. You are responsible for what you say. Don’t be stupid. Don’t be rude. And be honest.
2. This is a conversation, not a bar fight. No yelling, attacking, hitting, harassing, cussing, spitting or other ludicrous behavior. You never know; your mother could be reading.
3. Respect the other people commenting. This is a public space, so try to leave it cleaner than you found it.
4. Comment on items in the appropriate place. If it’s not in the right place, no one will see it.
5. Keep comments on target and clear – Everyone can get on a tangent at times, but let’s keep it as local as we can.
6. Don’t post for someone else or use words that aren’t your own.
7. If you see something that violates the policy or the community rules, let us know.
The Columbia Missourian and Vox welcome your active participation on our sites and we encourage you to interact with us and each other. Our aim is to create a space for open dialogue between the many diverse voices of our community, and we hope that you will analyze, comment on and challenge the content you find here.
By submitting a comment to one of the Missourian’s publications, you are consenting to the following rules:
1. You will be required to register with our site and to confirm your registration with a valid e-mail address in order to comment.
2. Comments containing personal attacks, profanity, nudity, attacks on race, creed, or religion, or illegal material are prohibited. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove a comment that violates this rule, and also to revoke a user’s privilege to post content on our site.
2. Please be aware that we cannot and will not review every single comment posted on the site immediately. If you see a comment that you believe violates this user agreement, please let us know by clicking on the “Report a Problem” link. Posts will not be removed automatically, but we will investigate all reported problems.
3. All Columbia Missourian publications are committed to a policy of transparency and openness. In that spirit, you will be required to use your real first and last name, which will be attached to each post you make. You may note that this is consistent with our policy on using anonymous sources in our news stories: An anonymous source may only be used in the rare cases and only with the approval of a top editor.
4. Opinions expressed in comments are not necessarily those of the Columbia Missourian and its staff, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any posting.
5. Comments are to be used only for noncommercial purposes. You may not solicit funds or promote commercial entities.