The Roots N Blues N BBQ Festival is switching to a completely cashless payment system for all vendors this year in an attempt to cut down on lines and transaction time. To make the transition easier, we put together this guide to the RFID wristband system.
1. Your wristband is the only accepted form of payment for any vendor at the festival. That means no cash, no credit cards and no debit cards.
2. It's also your ticket. You'll need your wristband to get back in the festival each day.
3. If you don't have your wristband yet, it could still be in the mail. You can also pick it up at the Roots N Blues Swap Night at Academy Sports from 4-7 p.m. this Thursday or at the box office during the festival. Just bring your ID and confirmation number.
4. You should register your wristband on the Roots N Blues cashless payment website before you arrive at the festival. Well, technically it's not required to enter the festival or put money on the wristband, but there are several perks to doing this beforehand. All you'll need are the "Security Code" and "Wristband Number" located on your RFID tag on the wristband.
- If you lose your wristband, you'll be able to transfer the money left on it to a new one.
- You can add money before the festival to avoid worrying about money later.
- You'll get email receipts for all of your transactions.
- Your unspent money will be automatically refunded to your bank account at the end of the festival (minus a five dollar fee).
5. If your group will want to pay separately, register your wristbands to separate accounts. Separate accounts can't be pooled into a single account and can't be used to split the price on a single item.
6. You can set up your family's wristbands on the same account. When you register multiple wristbands to a single account, it's called a "Shared Family Account," and purchases made with each wristband will be drawn from the same bank account. There is no way to separate the spending amounts.
7. There are several ways you can top-up the money on your wristband.
- You can put money on your wristband before the festival on the same website where you registered it. Just click on the "Top-up" button in the main menu.
- There will be special kiosks at the festival where you can top-up your wristband with a credit card. This doesn't require having it registered.
- If you don't want to worry about running out of money, you can set your account to automatically top-up with 20 dollars every time your balance is below 20 dollars. Just click "yes" when the website asks if you want to enable "Auto Top-up" after you load up money online.
8. You pay by tapping your wristband to the RFID reader. Simply tap it once, make your order, then tap again to confirm the payment.
9. If you need to troubleshoot or have any more questions, contact Roots N Blues at email@example.com. Just include your name, any wristband numbers and a description of the problem you're having. You can get even more information on the Roots N Blues website.